The series of fertility/infertility article containing 194 articles written by Kyle J. Norton and Karen Klam with only one purpose in mind is to provide information and education for people interesting to know more about how to get pregnant. Although, the writer has tried to make the information as accurate as possible, it is recommended and for your benefit to consult with your doctor before applying. I also ask you to read more of the same subject from other writers if you need more information than this website can provide. To read the series, please scroll down the page to choose your article. At the meantime, enjoy reading and good luck.
Kyle J. Norton and Karen Klam
1. Fertility is a natural process to insure the survival of human species. Through natural selection, we produce many offspring when the reproductive system works at it's peak in the suitable environment with plenty foods around. On the other hand, the reproductive system may completely shut down or work at it's minimum state and we produce less offspring, when the environment is hostile including less foods around, war, epidemic, etc., but regardless any situation, most women are capable to conceive sometimes during menstrual cycle before menopause.
2. Infertility is defined as inability of a couple to conceive after 12 months of unprotected sexual intercourse. It effects over 5 millions couple alone in the U. S. and many times more in the world. Because of unawareness of treatments, only 10% seeks help from professional specialist.
Here are some important statistics.
Increase Sperm Count Naturally
With Male Fertility Success, No Drugs,
Surgery Or Humiliating Medical Procedures
Reverse Infertility And Get Pregnant Naturally
Using Holistic Ancient Chinese Medicine
The Getting Pregnant Plan
I Created A Plan That Help Fertility
And Got Pregnant! You Can Too
Pregnancy Without Pounds
Avoid Gaining Extra Pregnancy Weight
Learn What Foods You & Your Baby Need For Optimal Health
I. The rate of pregnancy
Statistic shows that
1) the age of 31, 73% will get pregnant within one year, and 90% within four years
2) the age of 36, 65% will get pregnant within one year, and 82% within four years.
3) the age of 41, 40% will get pregnant within one year, and 60% within four years
You can see the rate of pregnancy goes go down with age.
Although women can get pregnant anytime during menstrual cycle, the best days to get pregnant are 2 days before and after ovulation because the sperms can only survive 2-3 days( sperm may survive up to 6 days) in the uterus after ejaculating into the vagina.
II. The natural process
1. Men produce sperms as soon as reaching the age puberty and at any time of the month, but their sperms' quality and quantity may dip occasionally, depending to their internal cycle therefore, it is easy to understand that some women can conceive with her partner with age of 95.
2. Female is born with finite numbers of egg in their ovaries, when female reaches the age of puberty, every month some of the eggs in ovaries are matured and extruded and only one can get into the Fallopian tube for fertility, the rest degenerate and die. When the eggs are less than certain numbers in the ovaries, she enters the menopause state.
III. The long journey
1. The egg (ovum)
If the menstrual cycle are 28 days
a ) In the early stage of menstrual cycle, the levels of estrogen rise, it stimulates the production of FSH ( follicle-stimulating hormone) hormones from pituitary gland and the follicles mature 2 to 3 days before ovulation. At the estrogen levels at it's peak, it stimulates the cervix to make cervical mucus which is friendly to the sperm invasion and the pituitary gland releases LH ( luteinizing hormone) which triggers ovulation within 48 hours and the egg start the long journey of travelling through the Fallopian tube toward the uterus.
b) After ovulation, the follicle starts to produce progesterone, the cervical mucus starts to become more sticky and unfriendly day by day to sperm invasion and the cervix opening to the vagina starts to close dramatically. The endometrial lining to uterus now becomes softening and ready for the nourishing of the fertilized egg, if pregnancy occurs. Now you known many experts tell you that the best days to get conceive is 2 days before and after ovulation, because sperm also needs about 2 days to get into Fallopian tube.
c) If pregnancy does not occurs,the corpus luteum creases to produce progesterone and subsequently stop, the soft lining is shed and the woman menstruates. During menstruation the levels of estrogen and decrease, which again trigger the increase in FSH and the menstrual cycle starts over again.
2. The sperm
a) After ejaculating into the vagina, if the cervix is closed dramatically or the cervical mucus is hostile to the sperm, there is little change, one of them will make it to Fallopian tube. On the other hand, if the cervix is opened and the cervical mucus is friendly to the sperm, then the sperm will travel; toward the opening of the cervix and one of the winner will enter the Fallopian tube to fertilize the mature egg and travel to ward uterus for implantation in the soft lining.
b) After one sperm penetrates (by releasing acrosome then acrosin, so it can pass through the tough cumulus oophorus and break through the zone pellucida accordingly) into the egg and the egg is fertilized. It then continuously divides itself into a fetus then into a baby.
Series of Fertility and Infertility Articles
A, Overcome Fertility ( I ) Definition of Fertility, Infertility and Causes of Infertility Article 1- 35
B. Fertility and Infertility ( II ) What causes the Causes of Fertility, Diagnosis Conventional Perspective Article 36- 63 plus article 86 and 87
C. Fertility and Infertility ( III ) What causes the Causes of Fertility, Diagnosis Traditional Chinese Medicine TCM Perspective Article 64- 85
D. Fertility and Infertility(IV) : Infertility Treatment (Definition, Types and Side Effects)with Conventional Perspective article 88-123
E. Fertility and Infertility (V) Infertility Treatment: Herbs, Chinese Herbs, Vitamins, Minerals, Other Supplements Over counter medication and Diet Article 124- 194??
F. Fertility and Infertility (VI) - Other Causes of Infertility ( New Series Articles )
G. Fertility and Infertility (VII) Fertility Diet ( Diet to Conceive)
H.Fertility and Infertility (VIII) in Traditional Chinese Medicine Perspective
End of the series
I. Fertility and Infertility (IX) Overcome Female Infertility -- Menstrual Disorders In Traditional Chinese Medicine Perspective
For the best fertility self help program review click here
I hope this information will help you understanding more of the causes of infertility in women and men, if you need more information, please visit
For other health article, please visit
BACK TO ARTICLE GENERAL CONTENTS